|2017 Hot Shot Submissions|
Instructions for Hot Shot Presentation Submission
20th Annual Trauma Conference
Myrtle Beach,South Carolina
April 30 - May 5, 2017
This year TCAA is doing an all call for 10-minute Hot Shot podium presentation spots. These presentations will showcase a successful initiative based on Trauma Center, Hospital System, Region, State, or National benchmarking data which highlights a change or improved process, utilizing metric reports/data.
Submission deadline: February 10, 2017
Instructions for Hot Shot Submissions:
1. Complete all fields on the submission form. Email addresses are required for all authors listed on the submission.
2. Formatting requirements:
a. Capitalize the entire title – Arial 11 point font
b. Body: Arial 10 point Font with single line spacing, Word count 500 with a 1” margin
c. List all authors with their academic degree (Clearly indicate the status of the first author by placing them first) – Arial 10 point font
d. Academic Institution or Hospital – Arial 10 point font bolded
3. Provide a brief summary of the Hot Shot Presentation. The brief summary must contain the following information:
a. A short explanation of the reason for the improvement; please include the history behind the program/project
b. Data found in benchmarking data/report and data post changes
c. The resources needed to accomplish this project
d. Describe the Project or Process
e. How the effectiveness of the project was determined; include any data you may have
f. Lessons Learned, Pros and Cons
g. Conclusions, including pre/post data, stats if applicable
4. Individuals whose submissions are accepted will receive a $75 reduction on the TCAA Annual Conference registration. All presenters must register for the Annual Conference. If the first author is unable to attend the meeting, one of the other listed authors may present. Reduced registration applies to the primary presenting author only.
5. Notification of acceptance by the Education Committee will be March 6, 2017.
6. The Education Committee will select five submissions for a 5-6 minute podium presentation which will take place on either May 2nd or 3rd during the Annual Meeting.
7. All listed authors will be required to complete a disclosure form. The lead author will be required to submit a permission to publish form and permission to record form.
8. All expenses associated with Hot Shot presentations (accommodations, etc…) are the responsibilities of the author/presenter.
9. A standard Power point template will be utilized and provided to you after your presentation is chosen.
On behalf of the Education Committee, I look forward to receiving your Hot Shot Presentation. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Deb Myers at email@example.com or (704) 360-4665.
Cecile D’Huyvetter, MSN
Chair, Education Committee