|2017 Best Practices Submission|
Best Practice Instructions for Submission
20th Annual Trauma Conference
Myrtle Beach,South Carolina
April 30 - May 5, 2017
A Best Practice Poster is an ideal model or successful initiative worthy of imitation that is unique to your Trauma Center and highlights your program. It does not have to be a scientific abstract or be evidence-based, but if you have any supporting evidence, we encourage you to include it.
Best Practice Submission Deadline: February 10, 2017
Suggested Categories (but not limited to):
Instructions for Best Practice Poster Summary Submission:
1. Complete all fields on the submission form. Email addresses are required for all authors listed on the submission.
2. Formatting requirements:
a. Capitalize the entire title – Arial 11 point font
b. Body: Arial 10 point Font with single line spacing, Word count 500 with a 1” margin
c. List all authors with their academic degree (Clearly indicate the status of the first author by placing them first) – Arial 10 point font
d. Academic Institution or Hospital – Arial 10 point font bolded
3. Provide a brief summary of the Best Practice. The brief summary must contain the following information:
a. A short explanation of the reason this practice was developed; please include the history behind the program/project
b. The resources needed to accomplish this project
c. Describe the Project or Process
d. How the effectiveness of the project was determined; include any data you may have
e. Lessons Learned, Pros and Cons
f. Conclusions, including pre/post data, stats if applicable
g. Describe in what way this project would be of benefit to other Trauma Centers.
h. How can other trauma centers implement this idea
**Please visit this page on our website for examples of previous Best Practice submissions
4. Individuals whose submissions are accepted will receive a $75 reduction on the TCAA Annual Conference registration. All presenters must register for the Annual Conference. If the first author is unable to attend the meeting, one of the other listed authors may present the poster. Reduced registration applies to the primary presenting author only.
5. Notification of acceptance by the Education Committee will be March 6, 2017.
6. Each Best Practice submitted will be considered eligible for one of the following:
7. All listed authors will be required to complete a disclosure form. The lead author will be required to submit a permission to publish form and permission to record form.
8. All expenses associated with presentation of the Best Practice Poster (printing, delivery, accommodations, etc…) are the responsibilities of the author/presenter.
9. Poster size 4’ X 4’ (Other sizes will be accepted, provided they are no longer than 4' wide)
10. Each poster presenter will receive a certificate of participation following the presentations. The following awards will be presented during the Annual Conference:
On behalf of the Education Committee, I look forward to receiving your Best Practice submissions. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Deb Myers at firstname.lastname@example.org or (704) 360-4665.
Cecile D’Huyvetter, MSN
Chair, Education Committee